Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sneak Peek of Kathy Orta technique Paper Bag Book


I am currently working on a paper bag book I saw Kathy Orta teach.  The pages them selves
have been very easy to put together, it is the embellishing that is taking me so long.
I am making it for my daughter who graduated from High School, and I wanted
 something she could save memories from freshman year to her senior year.
 It started out as black and gold color theme, which are the school colors, but
she is such a girly girl that it just wasn't working out for me so the colors kinda changed
to pinks purple blacks greys and white. which I think looks way better. This book is
taking a bit longer than I had anticipated, because I want it to be something really special and
that she could keep for a long time. I only up loaded a few pages and tages that I have
completed so that you could see what I was working on. I hope to have the book 
done sooon.


This is the front cover of the book. I used lots of flowers and
beads, some tulling. and a wooden frame that I painted and
then white washed it.
This is the first page with the tags in the bottom pocket.

This is the first page with out the tags in the pocket. There is a
 pocket to the left side of the book and a pocket at the bottom
 of the page.

These are the back side of the tags from the first page. The
tags are made so that you can place pictures on them.


When you turn the page this is what you will see. This is
also space in which photos can be place. This page also
lifts up to reveal more pockets and a water fall embellishment
This is the water fall embellishment that is an interactive part of
the page. I plan on adding more to this page. You can't see the
 top part very well, but there is a pocket on it as well

When you pull the ribbon you can see that
 there are places to journal and then the last page
 a place to put a photo.
This is the next page across from the one with the water fall
embellishment. I am not finished with this page cause I am
not sure how I want to embellish it or just leave it alone since
the tags are pretty fancy.

These are what the tags look like once you take them out of
the pocket.

These are the back side of the tags.

This is the next page


This is what the tags look like out side of the pocket

These are the back side of the tags.


  This is all I have done so far on the book. As you can see I have put a lot of embellishments all over the book and I am making most of them by hand. I have not bought any premade flowers. I have taken old flowers and then re worked them to look kinda like sprays and such. So I have been busy stamping, cutting, and gluing stuff. I hope to have this book done soon so you can see the entire thing.
If you feel so inspired to make one of these books, head over to Kathy Orta at  Paperphenomenon.com and watch her videos. She is very good at directions, and you all are probably getting tired of me saying how amazing people are but Really Kathy is unbelievable. 
Hope you have been inspired.





No comments:

Post a Comment