Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Strawberry Valentine's Box

     It has been a while since I've posted. I have been very busy with putting together a rather big project which I hope to have done soon so I can post it. Mean while, I saw a really cute box that would be great to give as a gift for Valentine's day. I have always wanted to make the strawberry box but never took the time to put it together. Close to My Heart and Provo craft came out with and exclusive cartridge (Artiste) for the cricut that has just that box. So I used our Cranberry paper and cut out the strawberry and ran it through my sizzix using the dot embosser. Then use our Chocolate paper and cut another strawberry out and then used Clover meadow paper to make the leaves on top. I did not use the leaves that comes on the cartridge because I liked a different leaf instead and thought it looked closer to the real thing. I use Liquid Applique( by Marvy which you can also purchase through Close to My Heart) to make the drizzle affect. I really like how it turned out. The blog I was looking at is Stampinbygennys.blogspot.
                           Hope you give it try, you will become hooked. Happy crafting.



In order for the embossed dot to show up I lightly ran
sandpaper over the top of them.

I cute two different size leaves and then put a eyelit in the
middle of each leaft that way the ribbon didn't tear the hole

No comments:

Post a Comment