Follow Us @soratemplates

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Glass Block Flourish and Initial

 
I am excited to show you how my glass block turned out. I have seen a lot
of glass blocks out on the web but have not been to thrilled to do them. I came
across findingtimetocreate.blogspot.com where the lady created her own flourish
and initial. (Check out her site) She did a wonderful job on her vinyl cut out. She inspired
me to try one for myself. I like how it came out, the only thing I didn't like
was when I went to weld everything together it changed the curves and made
them look kinda sloppy. So I will need to do some more tweaking on my SVG
file to get it to look exactly the way I want.
 
 
I bought the glass block at home depot for $4.95. I chose the glass block that had a
decorative design on it instead of the clear block. The clear block did not look as
good because you can see the strand of lights which is distracting to your eyes. 
 I recommend using the decorative block it covers up the lights better.
 You can still see some out line of the lights but its not as bad.
 
 
This view of the glass block is from the top looking down and with the light off.
As you can see, the strand of lights are pretty visible and this is the decorative
block. If this was the clear block you would be able to see the individual lights.
 I finished off the block by wrapping a wide gold ribbon around it and then
hot glued a bow on the top of the block.
 
So there you have it, a fun project that is fairly easy to do.
Thanks for stopping by.
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment